Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 June 2016

TdF Prize



I don't think there's any fibre preparation I enjoy more than making up colourful batts for spinning.  I'm not very good with colours and the colour wheel is a total mystery to me.  I normally just pull out colours I like, add in some that I think will "bounce" off the others, and hope for the best!  I never have a clue what the batts will turn out like with the colours I've chosen, and it's maybe this element of surprise that I like so much.  So far I've never been disappointed with the end result and I've never made batts I don't like.  It must be instinctive!

Anyway, when our TdF team were asking for prize donations, drum-carded batts seemed the obvious choice for me. I sorted through my fibre stash and came up with the combination above : 80g merino in various shades, 40g black alpaca, 25g charcoal bamboo, 20g mauve alpaca, 20g banana fibre, 10g silk, 5g Gotland curls.  200g total.



As usual, I was pretty pleased with these.



Also as usual, I wanted to spin them as soon as they were finished . . .


. . . and I can't, because they're not for me!  I think I'm going to have great difficulty in keeping my hands off these until the end of the 2nd week of the Tour when my prize is awarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment