Total Pageviews

Friday 7 February 2014

Elephants, Elephants, Elephants . . .

Sorry to bore you all again, but this is the only project I've been working on lately so I hope you'll bear with me.

This is how far I've got with the blanket and have run out of white yarn again :-


I estimate I'm going to need another one and a quarter balls to finish this and am part way through ball no. 4.  At this rate it's going to take me another week at least to finish.  Wish me luck!

On another subject, my new kitchen is slowly moving on.  This is the new (old!) lintel going in for the new entrance.  When the sink is moved away we'll be putting glass doors in here (the sink is just out of view, this side of the wall).


This piece of wood weighed at least 200 lbs and took two strong men to manoeuvre it into place.  Eric has since sealed all around it with mortar so it looks a lot neater now.

More news later on today on something completely different.  We had a very special delivery yesterday evening . . . I'll just leave you to guess until I've been able to take pictures in the daylight. 

2 comments: