Total Pageviews

Friday 12 October 2012

New Project Revealed

This is "Leftie", a sweet shawlette pattern which uses up leftover balls of wool.  Or at least, that's the idea.  I haven't used leftovers though, I've used the "floor sweepings" I told you about the other day.  There were lots of smallish amounts of different colours in the bag, so I chose the ones I liked best and spun them up for this project.


I'm not sure I have enough of the white wool, but I'll use this up before I decide if I need to spin some more.  Tammy, who got the other half of the floor sweepings (must stop calling them that!), walked up on Wednesday and brought me her share of the white wool, just in case I didn't have enough.  I'm hoping to give most of it back, but we'll see how it progresses.

The "fat" coloured bits on the edge are leaves and are formed by knitting short rows, quite easy to do, and very effective - but look at all the ends I'll have to weave in when I've finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment