Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 May 2012

New Dress

Last week I did something quite radical, some might say stupid, with my wedding dress. I unpicked it!


It had been sitting in a box wrapped in tissue paper for over 22 years, I needed a new dress for Ben and Sam's wedding, and I just thought it was time to do something with it. There was really no chance anyone else would want to wear it - it's quite dated now. Maybe it would have been in fashion again one day, but I don't know if I'll be around to see it.



Once I'd got enough fabric separated and unstitched, I dyed it a teal blue.  It came out a little bit patchy here and there, but I'm hoping it looks as though it was meant to be that way!

Here's how it turned out anyway, and I added a scrunchy for my hair.


So now all I have to do is dye this to match :-


and knit it into one of these :-


before the wedding on 9th June.  We actually leave in the camper van on Sunday, so it looks like I'll be busy knitting all the way to Devon!  I have just over a week, so fingers crossed I'll get it finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment