Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 July 2011

Loads'a'Llamas

Yesterday we were invited to go and see some llamas.  Eric had advertised some music equipment on a local website and it turned out that the couple who came to see what he had for sale have 14 llamas (well, some of them are her mother's, but it amounts to the same thing).  They were absolutely gorgeous (especially the two adolescents!) but the sad thing is that they want to sell up and emigrate to Canada, so the llamas will eventually have to be sold.

I thought you might like to see some of the photos I took (not exactly professional, but some of them are amusing).


Ooooer - scary person in the field, we're not going over there!



Cheeeese!!!
Who pinched my llama's head?
Smile for the nice lady!

What nice lady?  Oh, her??
The last two llamas are 14 months old so haven't finished growing yet.

I'd taken my spinning wheel with me, so we took some wool from the brown youngster and I quickly spun a little sample.  It was a bit strawy, but lovely and soft.  They're probably going to be sheared before too long, so may be available to buy.

In the meantime, anyone want to buy a house in France with 14 llamas?

No comments:

Post a Comment